Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Playing cat and mouse...

Never a dull moment in the Pelletier /Cote home.... get up this morning....late I might add (cause I can) and low and behold a mouse has made it's way into my new office... not sure how but with it being as cold as it is outside I am sure that it thought it was a good idea. May I remember you that we have a home with 3 cats... outdoor cats, hunting cats. Well mostly. lol So let me paint you a picture. The 2 younger cats Charlie and Dodge have the mouse cornered behind a box. Let me also say that I have no idea how long it's been cornered there. I shut the sliding door so it can't come into the house and grab Jed our 19 yr old cat ... aka The Hunter and put him in my office. I get my coffee, go put wood in the fire... come back up and they are all still just staring at the mouse behind the box. Well I certainly am not going to do THAT all day. I move the box. Out comes the mouse and Jed jumps into action. 2.2 seconds later.... Jed is the victor. The other 2 cats are dazed and confused. That my dear boys is how it's done! Now for those of you that feel this is cruel.... I had 3 options since I certainly wasn't going to keep the mouse as a pet. 1. I could have tried to grab it and thrown it outside in the minus 20 degree wind and snow and watch it freeze to death or 2. beat it with a broom like most would have done, or 3. let nature and the circle of life takes it's course. I have to admit, that Charlie and Dodge have no idea what just happened... the thing they probably played with all night is missing and they are rooming around the office in a daze. Jed "The Master" is walking around the crime scene as the victor. Now I'm sitting here wondering Where the Heck did it come from in the first place???

No comments:

Post a Comment