Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dressing your truth or not.....

SHARING TIME!
So I have been with DYT for alittle over 9 months now and have learned ALOT not only about dressing but about me!  I struggled at the beginning, as I have determined is true to my nature, in figuring out what type I was. Ironically looking back I always knew I was a T3.  I dressed very much like a T2 for the comfort mainly..... softness and draping over my self seen unflattering body.  I also know that I was raised by a Mom with many different traits of her own, lending to my confusion of my true own type.  I learned that what is instilled on you is a learned behavior and not always true to your own nature. Then came my secondary type.  I am still a bit conflicted at times but lean mostly to S4. Sometimes I wonder if it's not the influence of my mother that pushes me in that direction.  I am also learning what the importance of knowing your secondary can lend to you. i am a work in progress.  Now I come to these pictures.  The first in the white shirt is about 3 years ago.  Wrong colors, wrong hair and wrong weight!  ;)  However if you look closely the other picture is right colors, right hair and SAME weight.  It's truly incredible what knowledge, acceptance and gratefulness can bring.  I feel like a new woman.  Those that have watched my transition over the years have noticed something but can never figure out quite what it is.  I personally think its funny and love it when I keep them guessing.  I am currently on a healthy lifestyle journey and plan on releasing the weight that has held me captive for so long.  I encourage anyone new to this program to embrace it and know that your true self will thank you ten fold.  I am blessed and honored to be part of this program.  Thank you Carol, Anne, Sarah, Nicole and the rest of the DYT gang for freeing my soul and creating opportunities for so many women to believe in themselves and be true to who they are!  My favorite saying in the last 4 years has been, "Be you & Be True"  ......  and now I can be!

xoxoxox
Edie Anne 

Check out Dressing Your Truth for Yourself at: www.bns.dressingyourtruth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment