Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 4- Conscious Me - Abundance surrounds me

Yes I have missed a few days LOL. I really believe I get into this when it's supposed to happen.  These are helping me stay focused and be much more grateful to my surroundings.  Enjoy.

SANSKRIT MANTRA


Aham Brahmasmi
I am the universe.
DAY 4: Conscious Me
Entry created Nov 21, 2013

Where in your life do you compare yourself to others or compete? How does it feel? What is the inner dialogue or limiting belief that ignites competition and comparison in your life? After writing, spend time with the feelings and sensations connected to your written thoughts. Breathe in deeply and as you exhale send yourself love and light. As you become aware you are presented with the opportunity to practice a new way of being.
It's easy to get caught up in how we view ourselves compared to others. We are taught as we grow that we need to be better, stronger, more of this or more of that. We become dreamers. I personally have compared myself to others often. I think it's my gauge, my way of leveling up in the game of life. I have learned over time that putting myself in someone else's shoes will allow me to be more empathetic, but not more like them. I am competitive therefore I strive to be like people who I admire. In this sense I compare myself to them and sometimes feel "less" or even slow in my progress to reach where they are. As time goes on I learnt that "I am imperfect, and I am enough"
Write an affirming supportive letter to yourself, one that reminds you of all that you have to share with the world--your strengths, values, gifts, talents and successes. As you celebrate yourself you make space to celebrate others.
Edie, you need to know that with every year that passes you have become an amazing individual. You have inspired many and will continue to do so. You have allowed God to speak through you and in that you have been able to teach ad coach so many people about the good and positive in life. You are influential. You are a caring heart. You have accomplished so much in your own eyes. Success will be shown in your happiness and the happiness of your family and children and grandchildren. You sing from spirit and you enjoy nature around you. You have an innate ability to overcome many obstacles and you help others do the same. You have become a strong and loving individual.
What are you grateful for today?
I am so grateful for the morning of sunshine. For watching the eagles feast. For breathing and loving. For my children and their children. I am grateful for this opportunity to reflect and relax. For creating a life of abundance and love. For Ben. oxox
Use this space to reflect further on your experience today.
Although I had fallen behind and I am not sitting with eyes closed, I have found this time of reflection to be welcomed and embraced. With all the training I do, I sometimes forget that adding more knowledge to my brain is not necessarily a good thing if I haven't learned about what's already there..... and that's me. I am abundant with love, wealth and health. Namaste!
Mindful Moment
Today, no matter where you are or what you are doing, take notice of the abundance that surrounds you. Abundance may appear as a loose penny in the parking lot, a warm hug from a friend, or a plentiful display of produce at the supermarket. Consider how effortlessly and easily these gifts and signs of abundance showed up in your experience and give yourself permission to feel authentic gratitude for these blessings.  You will be surprised and delighted by the multitude of gifts that continue to appear throughout your day and for days to come.

Reflection
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes." Marcel Proust
All around us are messages that lead us to believe our lives are ones of scarcity and lack, and that competition with one another is the only way we can truly succeed. However, when we begin to witness the world—whether standing in the middle of a majestic forest or scanning the shelves at the grocery store—we come to understand that the entire universe presents itself to us and is ours to enjoy. 
In order for us to truly experience everything the world has to offer, we must first come to appreciate all that we already have. By being truly grateful, we open the door to all the power, wisdom, and creativity of the universe, connecting ever more deeply with pure consciousness and its ability to usher anything we can envision into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment