Thursday, May 31, 2018

Time to get Real about Roux-en-Y Surgery

When I make a decision to do something you can trust that it's been researched to death. I could have kept going without changing anything and had a very unhealthy life risking death at an early age like my Dad..... but instead I took my health and life into my own hands and made a change that will affect me for the rest of my life. And now I know that will be a much longer life! I am grateful! I really wish this surgery wasn't so taboo.... I had lasik surgery to improve my sight, I had a hysterectomy to improve my health, I had jaw surgery to improve my eating.... all elective surgeries and none of them were looked at as an easy way out.... so now I have had Roux-en-Y surgery to improve my life! It's alot of work. It's alot of mindset shifting. It's a new way of thinking and eating.... nothing easy about it. I sometimes wonder if it wasn't so taboo and not just called "weight loss surgery" (cause it's more than just weightloss surgery) that my Dad could have had a bit of a chance to cure his Diabetes.

Let me share what this surgery is doing for me:
*Put my GERD into remission that I've had for over 30 yrs
*Putting my Diabetes at bay, maybe eliminate it completely
*Relieve me of Sleep Apnea
*Less pressure on my heart once the weight is off
*Help regulate my Hypothyroidism
*Eliminate pitted Edema in legs, feet and ankles
*Less pressure on my hip (that needs replacing)
*Less pressure for my overall OsteoArthritis
*Give me more energy
*Help my Aortic Valve Insufficiency from having to pump so hard
*Emotionally feel better about myself overall
*Alleviate pinched nerves in my neck causing numb hands
*Eliminate many of the medications I take (already dropped 3)
*It will create better eating habits and cure my addiction to food
*I will live to watch my grandchildren grow!
*If I love myself, I can love others more!

There is nothing easy about this journey that's for sure! I am learning each day what my body can and can't do. I have absolutely NO regrets! I am taking back control of my life!
I believe it was the best decision I could have made for myself. Everyone has their own journey to live and I am truly blessed with mine!

Why am I posting this? Because everyone has an opinion and everyone has judgement... but at the same time everyone has their own journey to live and to survive. We cannot compare.
Never be ashamed of your decisions if they are a benefit to your life! Stand strong in your beliefs and be proud of yourself.
Create your life worth living!
Remember to pay it forward with kindness! We don't always know what is going on in someone else's life so if we don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!

#believeinyourself #createyourfuture #bekind #dontjudge #edieanne

Maybe just maybe I can inspire someone to become a better version of themselves. If you are curious of my journey then come over to my channel www.TheBNSnet.com Image may contain: text

No comments:

Post a Comment