Sunday, October 27, 2013

Edie's Weekly Intention with Brené Brown and Oprah Winfrey - WEEK 1

Last week I started on a journey with Brené and Oprah Winfrey and thousands of other like minded people.  It's a six week e-course discussing and developing ourselves to be authentic and to dare greatly.  Based on Brené's book The Gift of Imperfection, we are creating a space of non-judgement, love and understanding.  We are drawing, journaling and sharing.  We are learning that being imperfect is enough, that loving ourselves for who we are can be very rewarding.
Week #1 we started our art journal.  We took a picture of ourselves and made a declaration to not only ourselves but to those in our life.
"I'm Imperfect & I'm Enough"

COURAGE, COMPASSION AND CONNECTION Tools for making the journey from "What will people think?" to "I am enough." Our first week intentions were to carry courage, compassion and connection in my heart while on this journey. Even when the road is bumpy. Even when I'm so busy that I feel behind. Even though there is really no 'getting behind' in this course. And, especially when I start to compare and judge myself. Courage, compassion and connection will be my constant companions.  I found drawing in my journal the toughest.  I was constantly wanting to re-do it, to fix the mistakes.  But I think that was also my biggest lesson.  To let it just happen, to be ok with it and to move on with knowledge that I am imperfect but that I AM enough.

I start a new week...  week #2 and I am anxious to build myself up and to find a better reason to love who I am.  It's no longer matter what people think about me....  but more about letting go of what people think!  


Wanna join me on this journey?  Click the link below.
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/own-brene-brown-course/lifeclass-presents-brene-brown-landing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment